News & Announcements
The City of South Pasadena, Florida will hold a municipal election on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 for the election of two Commissioners. Qualifying begins at 12:00 noon on November 1, 2017 and ends at 12:00 noon on November 15, 2017. Candidates shall have been a resident of the city for one year and shall be a duly qualified elector of the city.
An informational meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at City Hall for anyone interested in becoming a candidate for the March 13, 2018 election. If you need further information, please call the City Clerk’s office at 347-4171.
Florida Department of Transportation’s
Pasadena Avenue Corridor Study Meeting
October 24, 2017
5PM - 7PM
City Hall - Hibiscus Hall
7047 Sunset Drive South
South Pasadena, FL 33707
Fire Prevention Week is October 8 - 14, 2017 Fire Prevention Week 2017
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
That's why this year's Fire Prevention Week theme: "Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!" is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan
. Some keys to remember:
- Draw a map of you home with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can't help.
- Close doors behind you as you leave - this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back into a burning building.
For more information about Fire Prevention Week visit the National Fire Protection Association website here.
or call the South Pasadena Fire Department at 727-344-1666 to schedule a Fire Safety presentation for your community.